Effective December 27, 2019
- What information of yours is collected by us;
- How we use the information we collect;
- Your rights with respect to the information we collect;
- How we protect children;
- How you can opt-out of receiving communications from us;
- The security of your information;
- California Privacy Rights; and
This policy may be updated from time to time without prior notice, so please check back periodically. If you continue to use our Services after such changes have been made, you hereby provide your consent to the changes.
- Information We Collect About You And How We Collect It
You may provide your personal information to us when you contact us by phone, email, via our websites or any other way in order to use our Services to search within or place orders through our services, contact us with inquiries, respond to surveys, participate in one of our promotional sweepstakes or otherwise access our services. This information may include:
- Identifying Information. For example, we may collect your first and last name, unique personal identifier, online identifier, mailing address, email address and telephone number, including your mobile phone number.
- Payment Information. We may collect your credit card information, including billing address.
- Event Information. For example, we may collect specific information such as name, date and mailing address associated with your event registry.
- Information You Post. For example, we may collect information you post in a public space on our sites including our customer review and question and answer sections.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information. Also, keep in mind that if you voluntarily disclose personal information online, for example, in a forum made available via social media, that information can be viewed and used by others.
- Information You Submit. For example, we may collect information when you contact us through the “Live Chat” feature on our certain of our sites. You may also provide marketing and communications data, including your preferences for receiving mailings from us.
- Device Information. We may collect the type of device you use to access our Websites. This may include your device identification number, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Commercial Information. For example, we may collect information about the products or services you purchased, obtained or considered, as well as other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Internet or other Network Activity Information. We may collect information related to your browsing history and other information regarding your interactions with our Websites or advertisements.
- Use of Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Provide our Services, including but not limited to the fulfillment of orders;
- Improve the content of our Services and enhance your experience;
- Communicate with you about Services, and respond to your inquiries;
- Send correspondence (including, for example email on behalf of ourselves and/or reputable organizations whose products or services are complementary to our Services);
- Personalize your use and interaction with our Services;
- Analyze trends and statistics;
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business;
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Services and prevent misuse;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies; and
- Otherwise manage and enhance our Services or as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you.
- How We Share Your Information
We will not disclose your personal information except as described. We may share your information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your information within The Wine Enthusiast family of companies.
- On Our Websites. For example, we may display information you post in our customer review or question and answer sections of our websites.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include third party merchandise vendors, providers of order fulfillment and package delivery services for our products or payment processors. It may also include companies that send emails on our behalf, process subscriptions to our magazine, provide marketing assistance, data analysis or search results. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- For Marketing Purposes. This may include third parties whose products and services are complementary to ours and in which we believe you may be interested.
- To Comply With The Law Or to Protect Ourselves. We also may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent.
- With any Successors To All Or Part Of Our Business. We reserve the right to share or transfer any personal information we have about you in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business (including in the event of a divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
- Your Rights With Respect to the Personal Information We Have Collected.
You have the right to:
- Know what personal information we have about you and request a copy of the same;
- Update or change any incorrect personal information;
- Ask us to stop collecting, processing and using your personal information in certain ways;
- Request the portability of your personal information; and
- Raise concerns regarding automated decision making processes.
If you wish to do any of the above, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request you provide us with information to verify your identity before responding to your request. We may refuse to comply with a request if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or repetitive in nature. We may also retain your personal information to comply with laws, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, trouble-shoot problems, assist with investigations or enforce our contracts.
If you are a California resident, please see our explanation of your right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information in the “Your California Privacy Rights” section below.
- Use of our Services by Children.
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 16, and we do not intend to collect personal information from or about children under the age of 16. If a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, that child’s parent or legal guardian should contact us at email@example.com if they would like the information submitted by the child deleted from our records or database. If you are age 21 or younger, you are not authorized to submit any content or information to us without the explicit consent of your parent or guardian. Also, our Websites wineexpress.com and thirstynest.com are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 21. No one under the age of 21 is allowed to use these sites, provide any personal or receive email distributions with respect to these Websites.
- Opting Out of Future Communications
You may opt-out of receiving email marketing communications from us by using the “unsubscribe” link in our emails, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To opt-out of physical mailings and telephone communications, or to add your name to our do-not-share list, you may email us at the above address or call us at 800-648-6058. We will be sure your names is removed from our list (and the list we may share with third parties) as soon as possible after we receive your request. Please be aware, however, that even after your request is processed, we may, for a time, retain residual information about you in backup and/or archival copies of our database.
- Do Not Track (DNT).
Our Websites are not designed to respond to DNT signals received from browsers.
- Protection of Personal Information.
We are committed to using our best efforts to maintain the security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we adhere to industry standard practices and procedures to help safeguard and secure the information we collect. Although we use our best efforts to protect the security of your personal information and our systems, due to the inherent open nature of the internet, no transmission via the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result of this and other factors beyond our control, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to or through our services. Therefore, you assume that risk by using our services. Our Websites are secured and verified by Trustwave and GoDaddy Secure Certificate Authority.
- Information from Users Outside of the USA and Consent to Transfer Jurisdiction.
- Security of Personal Information on Third-Party Websites.
Our Services may contain links to other websites that are not under our control or supervision. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party websites. Third-part websites may have their own privacy policies and consumer service policies, or no policies at all. We encourage you to be aware when you access any such third-party links and to read the privacy policies of the third-party websites to see how your personal information will be handled before providing them with your personal information.
- Retention Of Your Information.
We store and maintain your information for the purposes for which it is processed by us. The length of time for which we maintain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or required to comply with applicable laws.
- How To Contact Us.
Effective January 1, 2020, if you wish to contact us to submit a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, please feel free to contact us by email or telephone as indicated in the preceding paragraph.
You may also write to us at the following address:
The Wine Enthusiast Companies
Attention: Privacy Compliance
200 Summit Lake Drive, 4th Floor
Valhalla, N.Y. 10595
- Effective Date and Modifications.