What to Expect at This Year's Much-Anticipated ProWein | Wine Enthusiast
Wine bottle illustration Displaying 0 results for
Suggested Searches
Articles & Content

What to Expect at This Year’s Much-Anticipated ProWein

ProWein, the industry event that bills itself as the leading trade fair for wine and spirits, has more than 6,000 exhibitors lined up and is expecting just under 60,000 visitors to this year’s March 18-20 gathering in Düsseldorf, Germany. And this trade show is where sales seem to be made.

Last year, more than 58,500 visitors arrived from more than 130 countries. Around 60% of attendees said they were top management, while another 14% said they were members of middle-management. In other words, those attending this event are the decision-makers, negotiators and dealmakers behind the wine and spirits organizations. And, according to a survey ProWein conducted of last year’s event visitors, some 54% found new suppliers for their alcoholic beverages.

The survey also revealed that while 15% of the 6,615 exhibitors were from Germany, the remaining 85% were from 61 other countries. Most of these visitors were seeking German, Italian, French, Spanish, New Zealand, Austrian, Portuguese, Australian and South African wines. About one in four visitors sought spirits, about the same number wanted Champagnes and one in five looked for sparkling wines. So, the bubble business was popping.

At this year’s event, there will be an increase in the number of organic wineries and natural-related products featured at the event, reflective of the growing influence of organic wine in the marketplace. Look for a more comprehensive organic wine area in Hall 13. Here is where trade visitors will find the organic associations from Germany, Italy, France and some 40 international exhibitors.

The survey also found that 98% of those who attended would recommend attending ProWein to others, so expect the halls to be crowded.

Find out more about ProWein, including how to purchase tickets here.