Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you also have the right to ask us once a year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please refer to the instructions below regarding how to make a request.
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. (“CCPA”)
Effective January 1, 2020, if you reside in California, then you have the following rights:
You have the right to opt-out of the use of your personal information for targeted or behavioral advertising which may be deemed a sale of information under the CCPA. Please note that advertising, including targeted advertising, enables us to provide you certain content for free and allows us to provide you offers relevant to you. If you would like to opt-out our use of information for such purposes that may be considered a “sale” under California, you may do so by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at 800-648-6058.
You have the right to request deletion of your personal information.
You have the right to request us to disclose to you the following, no more than twice in a 12-month period, and, in all cases, for the preceding 12 months:
- Categories of personal information we collected about you.
- Categories of sources from which we collected the personal information.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information.
- Categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information.
- Specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- Categories of personal information we disclosed for a business purpose.
- Categories of personal information we have used for targeted or behavioral advertising and categories of third parties to whom such information was provided.
For purposes of exercising your rights above, please note the following regarding how we collect and use your personal information as described in this policy.
- We collect the following categories of personal information and disclose the same categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifying information; Payment information; Event information; Information you post or submit; Social media information; Internet or other electronic network activity; Commercial information.
- We use the following categories of personal information in connection with targeted or behavioral advertising: Identifying information, Information you post or submit, Social media information, Internet or other electronic network activity.
Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we need certain information in order to provide the Services to you. We also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request. You are also permitted to designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. In order for an authorized agent to be verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may also follow up with you to verify your identity before processing the authorized agent’s request.
How to Make Requests for Deletion of Personal Information and Requests for Personal Information We Collect, Disclose or Sell
If you wish to submit a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, please feel free to submit a verified request by one of the following means.
- You may call our toll-free number 800-648-6058.
- Submit the following form.
- You may also contact us by email or mail at the following:
The Wine Enthusiast Companies
Attention: Privacy Compliance
200 Summit Lake Drive, 4th Floor
Valhalla, N.Y. 10595