Come Grow With Us!
Catch the Enthusiasm! Wine Enthusiast - Direct marketing leader, providing wine cellars, storage solutions, wine accessories and publisher of the Wine Enthusiast Magazine is enjoying unprecedented growth.
We offer a team-oriented, customer driven environment with competitive starting salaries, company incentives and comprehensive benefits packages.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a letter of intent and or your résumé to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Assistant Product Manager
Wine Enthusiast Companies, the ultimate source of innovation and information around wine, is seeking an Assistant Product Manager to work within our electronics and wine storage appliance division. This position involves general product management from both a technical and sales perspective. There will be daily vendor communications, database management and information development and coordination as well as being part of creating and introducing new products.
The following are the key responsibilities of this position.
- Monitor competitive activity and product line positioning. Understand competitive product offerings, features, benefits, competitive advantage and provide key insights on consumer and market trends.
- Supervise, monitor and manage 3rd Party test labs during product testing and ensure the testing reports from 3rd Party labs are issued in a timely manner.
- Be the central resource for all the specifications, technical aspects, testing and quality of our products.
- Work with technical support, manufacturing and sales to develop collateral materials, web content and enhance existing product(s) or product line(s).
- Determine the products' main selling points and support the Sales & Marketing teams with accurate product information (user manuals, spec sheets, etc.) and sales tools (e.g., catalogs, sell sheets, price lists, etc.).to optimize the products' presentation to distribution customers and end users.
- Assist with product development, including product changes and product promotions, specifying components, packaging content and design, product positioning, catalog and sell sheet copy, as required.
- Travel internationally to suppliers and factories.
Must have Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with the above listed responsibilities.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Clear and effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and effective multiple project management.
- Natural desire to take on greater responsibility and an aspiration toward growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable business experience.
This is a full-time position working with a great group within a creative and unique environment at our headquarters in Valhalla, New York. We offer a competitive compensation package which includes a 37.5 hour work week, paid vacation, personal and sick time, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, 401k with matching, employee discounts, shuttle service to and from White Plains train station, an on-site gym with free fitness classes, a cafeteria, covered parking and the opportunity to enhance your wine knowledge by participating in our wine tasting classes.
If this position is of interest to you and your experience supports the listed responsibilities, please respond with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reaching out to those candidates who best match our current needs.
Please no phone calls or third parties. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an EOE
Assistant Digital Editor
The ideal Assistant Digital Editor candidate has excellent writing and editing skills, is proactive, creative, organized and has an eye for detail. In addition to daily digital production support, the assistant editor may be included in conceptualizing editorial projects and campaigns; write trends-driven wine and spirits content and help to execute a variety of digital packages with the senior editors. This is a hands-on job that involves direct interaction with a network of international writers and editors as well as daily production tasks for the Wine Enthusiast magazine website, Winemag.com.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Detailed fact-checking under the advisement of senior editors
- Write headlines and excerpts for articles based on SEO best practices
- Produce articles and other web-exclusive content via WordPress CMS from start to finish, as well as converting pieces from our print magazine via InDesign into WordPress, in accordance with our monthly editorial calendar
- Coordinate with our Tasting & Review department to produce trend stories and wine recommendation round-ups
- Pitch and write shorter news and trend pieces to run on winemag.com
- Keep the homepage and other sections of winemag.com up-to-date with the latest editorial content
- Assist in basic photo research and occasional image sourcing under the advisement of the art team
- Maintain daily production schedule
Desired Experience and Skill Set:
- Solid writing, grammar and line-editing skills
- Broad experience in digital media and/or an ability to pick up and learn new software and technology in a timely manner
- Experience in WordPress or similar CMS highly desired
- Attention to detail and deadlines, and must have experience multitasking and tracking many projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Basic knowledge of HTML and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) helpful
- Understanding of SEO best practices and keyword research, or the ability to learn
- Previous experience in the food and beverage industry and/or familiarity with wine a plus
This is a full-time position. We offer a competitive compensation package which includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision benefits, life insurance, 401k match, employee discount program, on-site cafe and gym, weekly yoga and seasonal wine tasting classes, covered parking and shuttle service between White Plains train station and our offices.
If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements, please respond with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to contacting those who best match this current opening.
Please no phone calls or third parties. We are proud to be an EOE