WhisperKOOL Platinum Extreme 5000ti Wine Cellar Cooling Unit with Remote (Max Room Size = 1000 cu ft)
- The Extreme Platinum Series is WhisperKOOL's most advanced and powerful self-contained cooling unit
- The Platinum Extreme Ducted is designed to save space in your wine cellar using ducting instead of mounting the unit through the wall
- The unit will sit in another room like a utility room, and get ducted up to 25 feet, both into the wine cellar and outside
- Extremes are acceptable for venting through an exterior wall and can operate in a 110°F exhaust environment
Item # 840 76 50
- Nice and quiet.
- Remote control panel allows me to monitor the temperature in the cellar without having to go down there.
- The bottle probe is really great as it monitors and keeps the wine at the exact temperature. I have opened up multiple bottles since installing it and each one has measured 55F on the money.
- Unlike my prior chiller, when I open the door to the cellar, it does not automatically start up because of a change in the cellar air temperature. I monitor it too and it stays fairly constant but there is a 3 to 4 degree jump on hot days until I close the door again.
- The placement of the plugs on the front of the unit is not very appealing when installing it in the cellar.
- When you have the remote, there is no display on the front of the unit. I would have liked both but that is only a minor issue. I can go back up stairs and look at the temperature on the display there.
- Ideally, there would be an access cover on the side where the remote cable and the bottle probe could be attached, and the front would be cosmetically more appealing.
- This is an intelligent device. A network enabled monitoring system would be a great addition in light of the growing trend towards smart-home systems.
4 weeks ago