EuroCave Premiere Wine & Beverage Cellar
- The First Ever True Wine Cellar with Beverage Center
- Enhanced Performance: Over 60% more energy efficient, lower acoustic levels & expanded external temperature threshold of 32-95 °F
- New Intuitive Control Panel with Sensitive Touch Buttons,
- Stylish Door Styling with Inset Handles and Locking System
- Improved Energy Consumption and Acoustic Levels
Item # 235 30 01 3X
It can get down to 38 degrees.
So why only 4 stars? Well, I'm a discerning consumer. Here's what they could do better:
1) only 2 legs are adjustable, make all 4 adjustable, I've had a hard time balancing the unit so it doesn't shake on my crooked NYC floors as a result
2) The shelves that slide out all have different vertical clearances - I'd like to see this made more uniform, i.e perhaps all have enough height to store a magnum bottle height when on its side
3) The shelves pull out a little more on the right side than on the left side and sort of lean left, a bit strange but I've gotten used to it
4) The temperature gauge is constantly bouncing around - which to be fair is fine, but it would be nice if there was a "A-ok" stagnant screen that only changed if the temp was say 3-4 degree's off the desired setting. It can be a little distracting
5) The grate at the very bottom is too wide - it should have more bars and be the same width as the grate on the cold section shelf to keep cans from falling over
6) So this one isn't really fair, but the only thing keeping this unit from being the be-all end all for the slightly above average joe, is a built in cigar humidor as a top section! Seriously, that would push this unit over the top as the only purchase most of us would need.
So, lots of suggestions compared to the good stuff I talked about, but believe me, this until will not disappoint. The flexibility is unmatched from what I've seen, and from one wine and bubbles lover to another, it more than meets our needs across the board. If you can stomach the price, you won't be disappointed.
Also a few fun facts that are things that were of interest to me:
1) Yes, you can store champagne bottles on a number of the "aging" shelves in the top section, but not the top couple shelves which don't have the height clearance
2) You can fit 12 bottles per sliding shelf, and they for the most part can be slightly bigger than a standard Bordeaux bottle and still fit 12 (all champagne you can get 11 on there)
3) Enough depth in the aging fixed shelf to store a double magnum no problem (on its side) - also I have 3 layers of 12 bottles that are slightly bigger than standard size bottles stacked there (so 36 total)
4) Cold section more than cold enough for drinking beer and champagne without additional chilling needed
5) The door lock does a good job sealing the door extra tight, and is a proper lock-and-key unlike those you see on some of the cheaper models that are more like a wrench
6) As far as noise levels go, its not silent, however, its a really low hum, about the same as your typical refrigerator when the compressor is running and not really noticeable unless you're sitting in absolute silence - so maybe don't put it right next to your bed, but it shouldn't bug you in your living room
4 weeks ago