EuroCave Premiere Wine & Beverage Cellar
- The First Ever True Wine Cellar with Beverage Center
- Enhanced Performance: Over 60% more energy efficient, lower acoustic levels & expanded external temperature threshold of 32-95 °F
- New Intuitive Control Panel with Sensitive Touch Buttons,
- Stylish Door Styling with Inset Handles and Locking System
- Improved Energy Consumption and Acoustic Levels
Item # 235 30 01 3X
It can get down to 38 degrees.
So why only 4 stars? Well, I'm a discerning consumer. Here's what they could do better:
1) only 2 legs are adjustable, make all 4 adjustable, I've had a hard time balancing the unit so it doesn't shake on my crooked NYC floors as a result
2) The shelves that slide out all have different vertical clearances - I'd like to see this made more uniform, i.e perhaps all have enough height to store a magnum bottle height when on its side
3) The shelves pull out a little more on the right side than on the left side and sort of lean left, a bit strange but I've gotten used to it
4) The temperature gauge is constantly bouncing around - which to be fair is fine, but it would be nice if there was a "A-ok" stagnant screen that only changed if the temp was say 3-4 degree's off the desired setting. It can be a little distracting
5) The grate at the very bottom is too wide - it should have more bars and be the same width as the grate on the cold section shelf to keep cans from falling over
6) So this one isn't really fair, but the only thing keeping this unit from being the be-all end all for the slightly above average joe, is a built in cigar humidor as a top section! Seriously, that would push this unit over the top as the only purchase most of us would need.
So, lots of suggestions compared to the good stuff I talked about, but believe me, this until will not disappoint. The flexibility is unmatched from what I've seen, and from one wine and bubbles lover to another, it more than meets our needs across the board. If you can stomach the price, you won't be disappointed.
Also a few fun facts that are things that were of interest to me:
1) Yes, you can store champagne bottles on a number of the "aging" shelves in the top section, but not the top couple shelves which don't have the height clearance
2) You can fit 12 bottles per sliding shelf, and they for the most part can be slightly bigger than a standard Bordeaux bottle and still fit 12 (all champagne you can get 11 on there)
3) Enough depth in the aging fixed shelf to store a double magnum no problem (on its side) - also I have 3 layers of 12 bottles that are slightly bigger than standard size bottles stacked there (so 36 total)
4) Cold section more than cold enough for drinking beer and champagne without additional chilling needed
5) The door lock does a good job sealing the door extra tight, and is a proper lock-and-key unlike those you see on some of the cheaper models that are more like a wrench
6) As far as noise levels go, its not silent, however, its a really low hum, about the same as your typical refrigerator when the compressor is running and not really noticeable unless you're sitting in absolute silence - so maybe don't put it right next to your bed, but it shouldn't bug you in your living room
1 year ago
My overall summary is that I would purchase this cellar again, knowing what I know now. It is not perfect, and I describe my complaints below, but it serves its purpose as designed and described. For the approximately $3000 actual cost (delivered, and with the extra three shelves, at typical discounts), I do not think you can purchase a superior dual-zone solution.
Pros: It is an attractive 'modern looking' unit. My daughter loves the look (mid 20's) while my wife (late 50's) prefers the more 'classic' look of the Le Cache. The shelves work nicely and are much easier to deal with than the fixed grid of the Le Cache. If you have absolutely standard 'Bordeaux sized' bottles (most classic European bottles from Spain, Italy, France) you can get 12 bottles per shelf. If you have Alsace or German bottles, it is 10-11 bottles per shelf. American bottles are all over the place and, most times, I can only get 10 bottles per shelf. The shelves work fine. and I like the ability to snap bottle guides on/off as needed. I would prefer a bit smoother action of the shelves, but I suspect you need to upgrade to the EuroCave Pure to get such function. The dual-zone controller is easy to program.
Cons: Temperature control is reasonable, but there are issues. The bulk storage shelf for the 'cellar zone' is basically an insulated barrier between the cold zone below and the warmer zone above. There is one fan control and one refrigeration control (not a separate control for each zone), so it is a balancing act between the temperature above and below. This means that the compressor is constantly working between several setpoints, and the temperature control is a 'best guess'. If you are wanting to just cellar wine (at a fixed temperature between 52-60 degrees F), there are better solutions. My Le Cache is much better at maintaining a near-constant temperature. However, that is for ONE temperature.
Overall, this is a solid purchase. I have no qualms recommending the unit for a person looking for two temperature zones - one to 'cellar' wine and the other for white serving and/or beer. Absolutely, everyone should purchase the three extra shelves for $100.
11 months ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
Easy enough, but just a little annoyed after purchasing a $3k unit - having to adjust shelves via YouTube video.
Nonetheless, better than Costco fridges.
Like the two zones - they both work well. Holds lots of bottles -
I can say it was set up in my home as promised and looks just like the pictures. However, my Beverage Cellar did not turn on as expected after waiting the required 48 hours and technician had to be called to my home. It was discovered that someone neglected to put freon in the unit prior to shipment. When I called the EuroCave help line about the Cellar's technical problems, I had no problem speaking to an actual person and those I did speak with were friendly and helpful. I really appreciated the customer service.
Also, Im glad I bought the extra shelves for the lower portion of the Cellar. The only thing I would change about the Cellar is the bottom shelf, I wish that one pulled out as easily as the rest.
Its for the lack of freon and the awkward, bottom shelf that Im giving the cabinet 4 stars.
4 months ago
4 months ago
1 year ago
1 year ago