Wine Enthusiast Companies is seeking an Inventory Planner who is focused on driving sales and profit for the company by optimizing inventory levels across our growing supply chain. Developing, monitoring and adjusting inventory levels as well as purchases are the primary responsibility of this role. The inventory planner will work closely with Merchandisers to develop a product/sales point of view which will inform inventory direction. Additionally, this person would be accountable for ensuring that life cycle analysis of inventory is managed and recommendations made for liquidations either through reduced price sale or write-off.
Inventory Management Responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience
- Forecast, set, monitor and adjust inventory levels by SKU.
- Collaborate cross functionally with merchandise and sourcing partners to develop SKU plans, review currents trends and meet seasonal calendar due dates.
- Insure accuracy of inventory and forecasting data
- Analyze data & trends to identify sales and inventory opportunities.
- Recommend actions to optimize inventory turn and margin.
- Identify underperforming inventory and partner with merchandisers to drive liquidation strategies.
- Communicate with vendors as required (purchase order confirmation, ship confirmation, AP and pricing information)
This positon will work at our headquarters in Valhalla, NY. We offer benefits, paid time off as well as a shuttle service to the White Plains train station, onsite café & gym and covered parking. If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls or third parties. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an EOE employer.
- 2-4 years' experience in retail inventory management.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, experience with planning systems.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, retail mathematics and inventory planning concepts
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize own work within framework of departmental and company goals.
- Strong communication skills
- Team player, comfortable building effective cross functional relationships.
- Able to problem solve, think critically and apply findings in ways that drive company profitability
- Comfortable and poised in a fast paced, changing environment with multiple priorities.
- Passionate and accountable for delivering a high standard of results, competitive.
- The perspective to think globally and strategically and make objective decisions in the best interests of the business and customer.